Sunday, September 20, 2009



Hey everyone this is my first post since arriving in Rennes, France so I thought I would touch on their attitude towards food. Here in France they have a huge organic (biologique) movement. The pictures shown here are from the massive Lices Market here in Rennes, which contains farmers from all over Brittany, the majority of which are organic and local. Although there are still large supermarkets and fast food shops, the majority of France still understands the importance of eating real food that takes time to eat. Rather than viewing meals as a time to speed by without much thought, they embrace and enjoy the time spent eating. In France, food is not taken for granted, they know that food correlates to happiness. This is something
I think we should all try to emulate.


A votre santé.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I love both the photographs and thoughts. The breakfast radishes and the brilliant reds and greens... France of my dreams! Happy eating, Arran :)

    ReplyDelete